Hello everybody from Oxfordshire, UK

It looks like something went "off with a tremendous flash, followed closely by a massive blast that all but flattened the camera tripod. Dave himself was thrown violently to the ground. Oddly however, his only thought was concern for the precious exposure still inside the unique camera. Picking himself off the ground with ears ringing, he picked up the battered camera.... to be continued. Don't Miss The Next Thrilling Installment!!

Only kidding:D seriously, I'm still blown away by the colours you're getting from that process. Very cool!

It looks like something went "off with a tremendous flash, followed closely by a massive blast that all but flattened the camera tripod. Dave himself was thrown violently to the ground. Oddly however, his only thought was concern for the precious exposure still inside the unique camera. Picking himself off the ground with ears ringing, he picked up the battered camera.... to be continued. Don't Miss The Next Thrilling Installment!!

Only kidding:D seriously, I'm still blown away by the colours you're getting from that process. Very cool!
😂

The middle gets more exposure than the edges, because of the flat paper and the curved pinhole image plane. With the narrow latitude of the process, it results in some fairly extreme-looking images!
Extreme it may be but the results are very cool. (By the way I checked out the site of Brendan Barry, whose link you had provided in an earlier post in this thread. That guy's work is fabulous!)

Extreme it may be but the results are very cool. (By the way I checked out the site of Brendan Barry, whose link you had provided in an earlier post in this thread. That guy's work is fabulous!)
Brendan is a top-notch individual in many ways. Amazing work, but he's also an incredibly kind and generous guy.

Hi Dave. Is your Pinsta the one that can do enlargements or is it the basic model? If it does enlargements have you tried that?

Great stuff, Dave, really beautiful ! A lot of effort goes into this and I really appreciate it. Thank you sharing this and welcome here.

Best of,

JT
Thank you Julian, I appreciate it. The process is getting more and more tamed each time I do it.... although I realised my RA4 developer is getting a bit old these days, and the colour development stage takes a little longer than it used to!

Amazing images, Dave😃 Not sure I’d have the patience to do this myself, which kind of increases my appreciation of your work.

Amazing images, Dave😃 Not sure I’d have the patience to do this myself, which kind of increases my appreciation of your work.
Thanks Ralph! I have it down to a pretty short routine now, but it's not for those who think it takes a while to save a raw file to an SD card 🙂

I quite like the routine - it's almost meditative sometimes

These two were today's efforts. The one with the bee sign has been flipped so you can read it, and was the trickier one to expose. Getting detail in the sign and the brighter background was a challenge, but I'm getting the hang of it now, and that's the shot my daughter wanted!

I think once you can stop having to explain them away as "arty", the process is getting under control! 🙂

Attachments

• 2023-06-25_011350-02.jpeg
    2023-06-25_011350-02.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2023-06-25_011350-01.jpeg
    2023-06-25_011350-01.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 6
Back