Critique Welcomed HELP

Tim Carlson

Near me there is a defunct university. The sight seems haunted with old placeholders of a time now gone.

TC_1181_F200_000213-R1-021 by T Carlson, on Flickr
Pentax Spotmatic - 28mm Takumar
Fujifilm C200

There have been two attempts from other universities to buy the campus. But currently a year after the last "sale" it still sits dormant, slumbering, but hopefully still with a bit of life.

Agreed, that is a fine image. Help with what I wonder? Interesting set on Flickr, like the one with the statue, has a real feel of nature reclaiming the space.

I agree with all the above. Also, there is a FaceBook collection of images called My Own Private Ukraine, where people upload images dominated by colours of the Ukranian flag, blue and yellow, as a way of keeping the Russian aggression at the forefront of people's mind. This one would fit in perfectly, especially with the word HELP in there.

Thank you all for the kind words. I try to visit this site almost weekly. Depending on the week sometimes I'll have film in a different camera, sometimes I'll have an older digital on me, sometimes its just my phone. It seems to be ever changing. I do wish I hadn't shot this picture at high noon with such dramatic shade. Maybe I'll learn someday that just because I'm there and can compose a shot doesn't mean that I should take it.

Back