Hi Everybody!

Mike Lewis

Hi!

I just discovered this forum yesterday and signed up. It looks like it could be a fun and useful resource.

My background is that I am an electrical/software engineer by day for an aerospace company but I rekindled my passion for photography in 2006 after many years away and have been back active ever since. I primarily like to shoot scenic landscape stuff, but also had a very enjoyable stint shooting my daughter's club volleyball career (sport's shooting is VERY challenging, but fun!) I have been trying to get my wife and daughter into the hobby on some level as well, and it is starting to pay off, as they are both getting out shooting as well.

I had a Canon film camera (an AT-1) back in my previous film shooting days, and so it was a natural thing to go in the direction of Canon when I reconnected with the hobby. I currently shoot with my 40D and am holding out for the proper time to make the transition to FF.

Being new, I don't want to do the wrong thing here, so I am not posting a link to my Zenfolio site unless someone can come back to me and let me know that it is 'ok' to do so.

Anyway, hi to everyone, and look forward to 'meeting' everyone as I have more time as a member :)

ML

Hi Mike

welcome to this awesome small & friendly yet rapidly growing forum, feel free to add a link to your websites, most add it into there signature so it appears at the foot of your posts.

Dont forget to show us some of your latest, current or favourite photos you have taken.

Daz

I too echo the welcome Mike. There's been an influx of membership lately and loads of new photo's showing up. It's all getting very exiting. I'm having trouble just keeping up with all the new posts each day!

Welcome Mike. Looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome Mike,
not wanting to repeat what everyone else has said, but, yes we are easy going here, links to else where are of no issue... in fact id encourage it!
hope you enjoy your stay here!

Welcome Mike,
not wanting to repeat what everyone else has said, but, yes we are easy going here, links to else where are of no issue... in fact id encourage it!
lets see some picci

Welcome Mike,
lets see some piccys :)

Hamish - you did a lot of repeating in not wanting to repeat there! LOL

Welcome Mike - great mix of folks here on the forum, and some super shots and locations - you'll fit right in I'm sure :)

Thanks!

Wow, what a great welcome! :) I am sure this is gonna be a great place! I'll have to go off and see if I can figure out how to add my link to my signature, and maybe even get an avatar of some kind set up too.

But for now, here is my link to my Zenfolio site:

http://mikeyl.zenfolio.com

ML

Welcome Mike,

You have some excellent photos on your Zenfolio site. :)

To add the link to your signature so that it appears in every post look at the top of the page for ' settings' , click settings then on the next page look at the section on the left that says ' My settings' and look down the list for ' edit signature', click that and edit you signature.

Some nice photos there mate, i always get a pang of envy seeing photos of the aurora ... Id love the opportunity to take some shots of it one day!
looks like you have done quite a lot of travelling taking photos?
and with the sport... and astro photography ... it looks like you have put your hand to a good variety of photography!?!
i shall look forward to your contributions to the forum!

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind comments form both of you! I have managed a bit of travel but not as many great locations as I'd like yet.

I'm off again to try to figure out the signature trick after the advice on how it is done :)

Thanks again!

ML

Back