Hi from the Isle of Skye

Martin Benson

Hi Folks, I have been into from photography since I could afford my first DSLR which was a Nikon FE and then a Nikon FM2, but then joined the dark side and now use Canon mainly for birds, nature, and landscape but would love to do Macro photography and I'm glad to see a thread on here. Looking forward to learning lots and posting some pics.....

Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi Marty. Hope to learn lots off you too. Can't wait to see some of your pics.

Hello Marty,

Nice to see you here :)

Nothing wrong with Canon :)

One day we will visit Skye for a holiday, we have never made it past the Isle of Mull yet !

We always end up here for a week in May:
http://www.treshnish.co.uk/

We should head a little further North next year, never easy finding somewhere good to rent though.

Mark.

I love the canon vs nikon banter ... Some people take it so seriously.... And I do nothing to help :)
So when you gonna get back to using a real camera? FE, FM2... You started so well!....
I don't mean it, after all if canon cameras were so bad why would they have sold so many of them :chokes on bile: ..... Hehe, I really don't mean it!

Alistair who took our current header pic uses a 350d or somthing similar and look at the results he gets!

Hi folks,
Thanks for the welcome, and don't worry Hamish I don't mind the pish taken out of me, life is to short.....
Here is a pic of Carol and me when we first started going out taken with the Nikon FM2 (natural light) In my bedsit in Glasgows west end, I was only 21 and Carol was 19, and 26 years later we are still together.

Marty

Scan-070811-0015_2.jpg

Ha, good man :) I don't belive any of it anyway, there are as many reasons to go for a canon as there are to go for nikon, I just find the silliness of it amusing!

Ha, good man :) I don't belive any of it anyway, there are as many reasons to go for a canon as there are to go for nikon, I just find the silliness of it amusing!

Yeah, I know. Especially when everyone knows that Fuji is the best...

yeah, if you dont mind wait half an hour after each photo to be able to take the next one ;)
i used to have an s3 and s5... ... ...

Much better than that now... it's down to 20 minutes!

:D

Back