Home Time

Dave this reminds me of the coach trip back and forth to school each day. Seems life is a continuation for most, my daily commute from Camden to Wood Green at one time , in the end drove me nuts, your pic certainly exposes the misery of this activity .

The main thing I noticed was the loneliness. Nobody is engaging with anyone else.

Indeed. I did a 5 day course recently with Adobe in Manchester and commuted by train each day. I don't think I managed eye contact with anyone on those commutes - let alone an actual conversation.

This reminds me of those horrible pictures of prisoners of war marching. I must say that when I moved to Boston after retirement...I was shocked to find out how much I loved city living. Of course I don't have to do this march of the miserable twice a day.
Nice moody...provocative shot Dave.

Yes, it has got like that. I remember growing up in East London it wasn't unusual just to start talking to someone at a bus stop or in the pub. Now the place seems foreign to me even though I spent most of my life there and no one seems to want to interact with anyone.

I see the the same as you all and my interpretation is the same, but does anyone ask why? I sat at a restaurant in Soho some time ago, waiting to be served. At the neighbouring table, there were 6 Japaneese youngsters also waiting. While so, everyone of them were occupied with their mobile phone. I took a picture of course.

Back