How much memory for Windows 7 64 bit for photoshop elements 9

Mark Grant

Canon user
My PC is a bit slow when using Photoshop Elements 9.

Only have 2 meg of memory at the moment, two spare memory slots in my Dell PC which has a 3ghz intel dual core processor.

Would 4 Gigabytes total be enough or should I splash out for 6 or 8 total ?

Thanks,

Mark.

4 Gig should be ample memory, i have that in my laptop & have a similar processor to you and i run CS4 without any issues.

take a look at this website " www.crucial.com " a small download from theire site will tell you what memory your system can handle & what they recommended

Daz

i use 32 bit windows with 3gb ... works fine until you put 900 images in to lightroom
i little trick i have learnt for dealing with a slow computer and lots of large images is to run the system monitor on my 3rd screen... watch when it starts to peak out on ram usage and slow down or stop what im doing for 9 seconds - which is oddly the exact time it takes for my computer to catch up with its self ... its all about working within the limitations ;)

I will order another 2gb to make 4gb total.
does not cost much at all.

http://www.crucial.com/

Its years since I have bought anything from crucial, I had been looking on ebuyer but could not decide which to buy, on the crucial website it is easy.

Mark.

Memory is installed :)

I decided to order 2 x 2gb of memory from Crucial as I has read about possible problems with different memory timings with different makes of memory in Dell systems as there are no bios settings for memory voltage etc.

PC works perfectly with the new 2 x 2gb (4gb total), I then installed the old 2 x 1gb to make 6gb and all is working well,
memory runs as it should at 6:6:6:18

Windows task manager shows that my system uses about 2.2 GB of memory when I have all my programs open, no wonder there was lots of disk thrashing with only 2GB of physical memory :)

Back