New Pc

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
A week or so back i treated myself to a new PC........the sales guy tried is hardest to sell me a Mac giving me tons of reason why they are better than W8 PC...........i gave him my 1 reason against "its apple" brand ( i dont like hence sold ipad & iphone )

anyhow its an amazing HP Envy with some pretty amazing spec.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (1.5 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Memory, standard 16 GB DDR3
Chipset Intel® Z87
Processor family Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4770 (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Operating system Windows 8 64
Monitor 27”
Hard Drive 3TB

Then a new monster desk & mahoosive comfy chair........
20130906_172306.jpg

i now have any amazing set up ( i think ) far superior to old laptop on arm of chair i have been used to for last 5 years. This runs Cs6 & Lightroom 5 at lightning fast speeds even with 1000s of images being put through LR at anyone time ( during my race the train photos)

anyhow the busy seasons here at work is coming to its end now i should have much more time to get out & take photos & enjoy RPF like i used to do, i missed you guys LOL

( kinda like they new look i think ) just different and don't know how things work, it shouldn't take long :)

Daz

I too am in the market for a new computer. Don't want a laptop though cause I want more screen real estate to work on my photos and websites. I will take a good look at the new MacPro that is in the offing.

I always say that one should use the machine that does what they want. If it completes the tasks you ask it to do and are happy then use that machine.

I've been using a Mac since 1985 when I bought a Mac 512K. I've had many since then and each has managed to complete all the tasks I've asked them to do and I'm happy about that. I do like well designed products and the new Mac Pro looks to fit that bill nicely. I'm just waiting to see what configurations will be available and how they will dent my pocket book.

My older Mac Quicksilver, which I purchased in 2002 I think is still running. But the demands of modern software is driving my desire for a newer machine with a newer monitor.

I have to say I don't think I could ever go back to a windows PC full time, having switched over to a MacBook around 4 and a half years ago, and now using a MacBook Air.

I use an old XP based laptop for a couple of programs I need for work that vendors don't offer on Mac software but other than that I don't touch it.

Next stop for me is a desk based system, I'm thinking an old Mac Mini tinkered with to have a big RAM upgrade and a nice large SSD installed. That a nice big screen. That's the plan anyway! :D

The one thing non mac users don't get and mac users seem to never accurately articulate is that macs don't get in the way of work. Pcs always seem to ...

My mac just functions, I open it up, pop it on my desk or lap, do the things I need to do and that's that.

All my pcs were never fast enough, always needed reformatting, and had constant miscellaneous issues.

It's just not the same with a mac ... I rarly think about the computer these days as it never makes me think about it! That is why I paid what I paid for mine, and I will again and again!

I'm staying out of this!

Nice desk and chair Daz :D

This sounds like our office. I sit in front of a PC...my bride in front of a Mac.

That chair and those headphones look extremely comfortable Daz.

each to there own aint it guess.....my HP laptop is 5 years old and never had an issues has always done what i needed it to do without many issues................ If this PC does the same then i am happy bunny..........!!

cheers glen the chair is awesome, head phones are to :) i also have xbox under desk on a shelf connected to monitor for when i get the urge, hence the head phons to :)

Daz

I wish I had the money for a new computer/mac :(
Nice set up Darren.

I definitely don't like to argue pc vs. Mac. I use what I use and let others do the same.

But I'm still drooling over the prospects of a new Mac Pro with a big monitor and lots of hard drive backup space.

Nice to see that there are a few of us left Beth :)

Back