Critique Required Howzat !!

Allan Batchelor

7000565336_f1b0881e5e_c.jpg

I had a few beer doon my kneck when i was playing about with camera but i really liked this one so much i posted it while half cut :D:D:D

It does indeed. But for a half-cut shot (or otherwise) the composition is super Allan. Was the low angle deliberate?!! ;)

This might work very well as a sepia tone B&W I think. I'd probably try to crop some of the larger pieces of grass from the foreground though.

The ba's hof cut anaw Allan! :D Did ye tak the shot fae where ye landed?:D Anyway, its a good shot.

Hehe ye it was one the practice balls sitting at the edge of the park and no I never fell didnt have that much beer :D:D

It's a great shot. I wouldn't say anything, but you did ask for critique (and I only know from bitter experience) - your sky appears to have banding. Happy to discuss it later if you wish

Ye go for it Lesley. Im not the best at spotting these small anomalies at the moment

First of all, can you see the banding and do you know what can cause it? Mine was processing in 8 bit, which apparently doesn't give enough colours. It causes problems mainly in large areas of gradual shading - like skies! I was lucky in that moving to CS5 fixed the problem. A rather expensive solution, but it did come with some other benefits :)

Pete the x10 was sitting on the grass so yes thats that i was looking for:D:D:D

Will give it a tweak in LR see how B&W looks

Pretty cool shot ............. and especially so when p*ssed :)

Pete

DJ Peed...nah never I couldn't possibly believe the DJ could get himself in such a situation.....and wtf are you doing up there playing the ENGLISHMANS sport ? ? ? ? ? Hey???? :D:D:D it's just not cricket you know :D

Well they've bought the whites, got themselves a couple of bats and stumps an' all but they haven't figured out the bit with the ball I reckon. It seems someone tapped it into the rough and they can't work out the proper way to get it back into play!! ;)

Great composition - maybe just a color balance tweak as it's looking a little blue/green?

I like this! Nice comp, it puts me in mind of a lazy sunday afternoon. Hazy sunshine & a few well earned beers.

Back