I/C Nikon 50mm 1.4d Autofocus lens

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Just bought the afs "g" version so this has to go at some point and I'd rather it went to someone on here than eBay
£140

Just checking interest for now as I want to do a "d vs g" review before I sell it

Anyone who is interested should bare in mind that this lens needs to focus drive in the body
So d50 d70 d80 d90 d7000 d100 d200 d300 d700 d800 d1 d2 d3 d4, fuji s pros and kodak dcs (not that i imagine anyone has one of them :)) and variants as well as all nikon film af cameras are the cameras that will work with AF

so what's a g that isn't in a d?

More. what's not!! Aperture controlled from the body with no control on the lens. They usually also come with the latest focus motors and coating system. This does make backward compatibility a bit of an issue but the aperture is still controlled mechanically and so it is possible to add an adapter ring (I have a Nikon to µ4/3s adapter that allows control of the aperture for use on my video system and I saw one for Nikon G to Nikon ai/s somewhere).

The g has the "silent wave motor" weather seal and lens hood ... As well as being a bit sharper ...
I'm going to do a comparison at some point I think as its quite interesting comparing them

Back