I succumbed to EBAY (again)

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
It was just sitting there, with no bids on it, with minutes to go... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110716186470&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

This is the earliest of the Eumig C3 models - the black coloured units are from the 30s.

Bagged it for £24.99 - one on Ebay in Germany (in less good condition) just sold for $88.36, so no idea why the one I found had attracted zero bids.

I'll have the full set now C3, C3R and C3M.

Will have to get a bigger cabinet though... :p

Heh, good work!
eBay is an odd thing when it comes to value of stuff ... It seems to change daily! It's also got more sporadic lately I think!
I looked up a lens in completed listing the other day - values from £150 - £250 with no real correlation to quality!
That d100 I picked up for £50 ... Ok it's broken, but it had a ir filter in it ... Which is potentially worth c.£100 alone I would have thought ... Madness it is!

Definitely a lot of variation in bids - especially when I look by country

The Eumigs on EBAY Germany get hugely higher prices - $144 vs my $41 - I guess German EBAY buyers don't shop outside their own country website!

I like the risk and reward, as you seem to do - fantastic feeling snagging a bargain

Yeah ... It's quite adictive isn't it!
Bloody capitalism, it's a curse ;)

I'm over the moon with my recent d100 bargain ... I got a message from the seller saying the current price for the filter inside the camera is $180 ... I got the whole camera, 3 batts, charger, boxed for £51

I had a similar thing not so long ago ... Bought a broken toshiba dd tt for £18 ... Quite expensive for what it is ... Apart from the fact that it had a nagaoka mp11 with boron cantilever and 2 spare (1 nos) stylus with it!!

Back