Critique Welcomed International U-12 Soccer Tournament

Peter Blake

this event attracted teams from Barcelona and Liverpool FCs, as well as teams from all over Japan.

Does anyone think the images are not sharp enough? I have my doubts because, it's a manual focus lens, and I am relearning the art of follow focus.....about 50% of shots are binned for focus.

DSC_3294.jpg DSC_2931.jpg

The right bits seem in focus to me Peter, especially in the second and I prefer the selective focus approach to the all in focus one. The only thing that dfetracts in the first is that the lad on the left (in focus) could do with more light on his face I think.

I'd agree with Pete, light on his face or a lighter background to separate him. They look fine to me regardinf sharpness

They look great to me Pete, as regards the young lad in the first, as he is the POF it would be good to see him without the shadow, unfortunately you got him just as he was in front of a dark BG which hasn't helped but other than that damned good

Smashing images Peter, no they are not sharp like a 70-200 f2.8, in some ways better for that, in some ways. The character of the shots taken with quality AF modern lenses are almost all identical.

Back