Iron Bridge

Ralph Turner

In recent months I've been looking back through a lot of film-based photos from my archive. Quite a lot are 6x4.5 transparencies in sleeves that have barely seen the light of day since the time when they were taken, hiding away in in sleeves in a folder. It's been rather nice seeing again views from yesteryear. Here are a few from Iron Bridge Gorge from 2002 that I hope you might like. Taken with my ETRSi and, most likely the 75mm PE lens, on Provia RDPIII.

Attachments

• Iron Bridge 1.jpg
    Iron Bridge 1.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Iron Bridge 2.jpg
    Iron Bridge 2.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Iron Bridge 3.jpg
    Iron Bridge 3.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Iron Bridge 4.jpg
    Iron Bridge 4.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 9
Indeed. And I like the mix of view and detail. It is an iconic structure isn't it. I especially like the view in the forth image, more so that the first in fact, but that is because I have a personal preference for landscape orientation (I find it compositionally more satisfying in most cases) as well as square format.

We went there last year. The Blists Hill living museum nearby is really worth a visit

Great shots of the bridge. I took some but it seems I didn’t keep any, which probably means they were crap. No.2 is especially good!

Thanks @Hamish Gill 🙂. We visited the museum at the time I took these pics, great place indeed. I don’t know if they still do them, but the bread rolls made and baked in in the museum’s bakery were absolutely delicious 😋

Last edited:
Some decades back we visited the museum there and bought some iron shelf bracket designed with a circular element to reflect the design of the 'brackets' used on the bridge.
Sounds interesting. If the brackets are made even half as well as the bridge, that must make for some sturdy, dependable(and attractive) shelves! 🙂

Back