Critique Welcomed It's Been A Long Day

Fab picture, Brian. Pretty much what Pete said. What small thing I would add is the sense of size and the scale of everything that the people dotted at various points along the thoroughfare bring to the image. Stunning old castle.

Last edited:
Excellent. Lots to observe in that scene, and I do sympathise with the tired man - that's usually me. The sun just wipes me out. Our daughter kept a diary of our family holidays when she was a kid, and there are an embarrassing amount of entries that begin along the lines of: "Mum and I went to such and such a place, as dad was sleeping in the hotel room". Guilty as charged.

Brilliant, Brian. Love the way the main subject is somehow a side show of the main event. And then there is the wonderful 'castle'.
Thanks Pete. Miss Sarah N Dipity strikes again. Didn't anticipate the man doing what he did just as I snapped the shutter.

Fab picture, Brian. Pretty much what Pete said. What small thing I would add is the sense of size and the scale of everything that the people dotted at various points along the thoroughfare bring to the image. Stunning old castle.
Thanks Ralph. The castle is pretty impressive,...at least from the outside. Inside its inner walls seemed like a Disneyland atmosphere to me,...lots of souvenir shops, etc.

Excellent. Lots to observe in that scene, and I do sympathise with the tired man - that's usually me. The sun just wipes me out. Our daughter kept a diary of our family holidays when she was a kid, and there are an embarrassing amount of entries that begin along the lines of: "Mum and I went to such and such a place, as dad was sleeping in the hotel room". Guilty as charged.
🤣 Thanks Rob.

Back