Just unboxed this...

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
...a Panasonic FZ1000 Bridge camera. Great price in a local shop. I'm charging the battery now, but managed to take a few quickies. I like the idea of the 4K video for my music videos, so I'm looking forward to that. I also realised I didn't have a digital camera, having given Rhona the Fuji S1 bridge camera, which she loves. So when I saw this one...well, here it is, and in excellent condition. The first hand-held stills look promising. Untouched other than resized. The b&w was done in-camera.

Guitar1.jpg

Guitar3.jpg

Guitar2.jpg

Looking good Rob. Just looked on DPR which is quite in depth about tec rather than photography and they rate the camera very highly in class. I see it has a 1'' sensor which like the Sony's and I suspect it may well be a Sony sensor , therefore amongst the best. The 4K video as you mention will be interesting.

Yes, the spec is good, and with a Leica lens too. Feels very plasticky, though, but I can ignore that.
Yes I know what you mean about the plastic, yet the upside is they can be lighter for it and surprisingly as strong. I noticed it has a Leica lens. The collaboration between Panasonic and Leica is very strong and the two new full frame Leica cameras. The Q and the Leica SL are essentially Panasonic tec, which Leica relies upon . I know the m4/3 Leica Panasonic 25mm f1.4 for my little Olympus is a superb lens.

Back