Lavenham

Paul Lange

Lavenham was once the wealthiest place in England due to its cloth production that was exported all over the world during medieval times. Today it is one of the best preserved villages from that era and generally quite a pleasant place to visit and relax even, if like me, the historical element of it is not your cuppa tea.

For the inside of the church I went for that gothic horror look rather than just the usual shot of the interior, not that the gothic horror look is new,
DSCN0730.jpg

The main street is quaint and everything looks quite nice. I decided I was having another doorway day. Why do I find them so interesting?
DSCN0727.jpg

I quite liked the little imps See No Evil, Speak No Evil and Hear No Evil above the shop window.
DSCN0704.jpg

Dog parking is free of charge
DSCN0724.jpg

For some reason this reminds me of Little Britain
DSCN0718.jpg

In this antique shop everything was for sale including the furniture they put the for sale items on. They could be in the **** if they had a sudden sales rush of furniture but not anything else.
DSCN0713.jpg

Love Lavenham - great place with some amazing buildings.

The way they lean into the streets is nuts sometimes - like a cartoon town! :)

Love the door in #2

The gargoyles in #3 would make a great detail composition

Here's a panoramic taken from the center of the town square I did last time I was there.- love the crazy plaster colours of the houses :)

lavenham.jpg

Hey, cheers guys, I really appreciate it when people like my shots. Really I guess that everybody does though. Sometimes I struggle and um and err with PP. I try not to make it an affectation but often worry that I have.

On another point, I did wonder how many blokes have pulled the old chestnut out of the bag and suggested that they should tie their wife to the dog hitch before entering the shop. I can just imagine the slapped arse facial expression now.

Back