Leap of Faith

Alastair Cummins

Last weekend I went to Greece for the Acropolis WRC round armed with my new Nikon D90. The last stage on Friday was Thiva and we ended up at a pretty fast jump, which I believe to be taken 4th/5th gear. The car in the first pic landed badly, bouncing pretty hard so we and the media togs had to make a bit of a run for it :eek: :eek: Still didnt stop us going back though :eek:

WRC Greece The Acropolis - Day 1 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

The jump in number 2 is probably one of the greatest things ive seen on a rally stage! The guys stage times are normally pretty slow, but when he is as entertaining as that then he can be let off!

Does the focus on the last pic look a bit off to you guys? Looking at it again it looks a tad out?

Crikey - nice! :)

Great set Alastair

Thanks chaps. It was by far the maddest place ive photgraphed from, but well worth it for the results!

It was a bit of both really, but it was exactly a relaxing holiday with the amount of stages we crammed in! We saw over half of the stages, only really watching the top guys and covered over 800 miles getting around! Accomodation was a tent, normally setup in the dark next to some locals that were yapping when you went to sleep and seemingly still so when we woke at 6ish!

One day I might have a relaxing holiday where I do nothing ;)

awesome set Ally, really great place to get some unique shots i reckon. Focus looks spot on to me to be honest.

Last shots is well impressive, one defo to be proud of

Daz

Rally shots

Great set & I liked #3 the best, caught brilliantly with the wheels not straight on mid turn & I thought it was sharp.
Well done chap.

Cheers chaps :)

There was another shot, but I removed it as it was out of focus. I must have moved as I took it as he was much higher than these guys and I was shooting above my mates head, but below the arm of another tog!

This is the video I made of the event using the D90. I dont think it does too badly considering how I have seen the AF stuggle in some other videos.The jump is at 2 minutes in, but its a slower car so less air!

[video=youtube;R6WNWFobVA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WNWFobVA0[/video]

Back