Lincolnshire Horseshoe Point

Shaun Haselden

Today, Wednesday, 27th February 2019. A place known as Horseshoe Point in Lincolnshire very close to an old RAF missile base at North Cotes. The perfect chance to get out so early in the year and shoot some digits. This place is a SSSI and quite carefully looked after but it didn't stop the 'authorities' digging up the beach to lay a huge cable from a wind farm that is offshore.

Attachments

• Horseshoe Point Saltmarsh and tree February 2019.jpg
    Horseshoe Point Saltmarsh and tree February 2019.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Horseshoe Point Saltmarsh February 2019.jpg
    Horseshoe Point Saltmarsh February 2019.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 7
Interesting treatment of the sky in the second shot. Very dramatic and I like the almost tone inversion of it, but, to be honest, it doesn't quite work for me. The first though is stunning and you have captured (created) a fantastic sense of bleakness and isolation in in. Wonderful stuff.

Yes Pete, totally agree, the second shot simply doesn't work especially with the dreaded JPEG artifacts showing so clearly. The whole image is completely screwed up the moment I upload it. I think I'll have to rework it. The first shot was by pure chance. I was walking on a rough footpath the other side of the bush but wondered how it would look from the captured side. This time I took the opportunity to find out, so many times I never bother.

Back