Lost Bee-eater.

Glen Roberts

Great shots Glen

amazing shots Glen what a stunning looking bird, as for it getting a little lost thats a chuffing understament hahahaha

Love the shot with the wing in air and defo love the shot with the bee.

Great works as alwasy Matey

Daz

To have gotten you camera and lens ready in the little time you had. Bee shot is super timing & seen. Birdie must be in Formula1 to have caught the bee.
The eyes i find fascinating. I wonder if our eyes would be similar if we remained untainted & our spirit not so broken.

Well he must of heard about the friendliness of the people in Sunderland and decided to winter holiday there instead. Well caught Glen, you must of got reasonable close as even with a 400mm lens and 1.5 crop factor birds can still appear tiny unless you near by.

Glen great shots. Its those moments when the unexpected arrives in front of the camera making the days photography so pleasurable. many twitcher s turn up or were you sole photographer?

Wonderful shots - especially #2 and #3

The colors remind me of a cross-processed kingfisher! ;)

Glen, you must of got reasonable close as even with a 400mm lens and 1.5 crop factor birds can still appear tiny unless you near by.
It was pretty close, the second shot is full frame as it landed about 20 feet from me and the ones on the aerial were on a bungalow, so still not too far away.

many twitcher s turn up or were you sole photographer?
There was quite a few "Twitchers" there, one guy I spoke to has been in a meeting in Edinburgh that morning and asked if they could speed things up because he "had to see a "Bird" down in Sunderland", then drove straight down. I bet the others in the meeting didn't think of the feathered variety when he said it;).

Back