Critique Welcomed Man on Phone

Brian Moore

My final evening in Prague I dined solo and my table was adjacent to the sidewalk. This chap was a diner also, who had temporarily escaped the restaurant to take a phone call. He paced up and down the sidewalk for some time, which gave me plenty of opportunity to select the moment of my exposure.

This picture is an example of why I love my Olympus XA. I set the aperture (can't recall what I set it to, however), balanced the camera on a tumbler or something to steady it for the long exposure, and then camera's brain selected a shutter speed suitable for the lighting conditions. I think it did OK.

The film was Fuji 200.

Really like this one Brian. It's so common these days to see people looking at...on...their phones but you made this guy look interesting. Well done.

It did OK indeed. But you did even better by choosing the moment and the composition. Love the lead in shadow and the movement of his leg. Super stuff again Brian.
Much obliged, Pete. Thank you.
More than ok Brian. You captured a classic mobile phone user pose. The bit of movement in the leg is a nice plus.
Appreciated, Tom. Thank you.
Clever, ingenious and patients has paid of here Brian. Excellent
Patience, perhaps. (For once.) Clever and ingenious,...not so sure. Nevertheless Julian, I thank you kindly for the compliments. Much appreciated.
Really like this one Brian. It's so common these days to see people looking at...on...their phones but you made this guy look interesting. Well done.
Thanks a lot Glenn. Much appreciated.

Sidewalk? Pavement, Brian, pavie! You've been awa too long.

Fine shot. I like the white road paint providing leading lines.
lol. You're right, Rob. I fall upon my sword. However, in my defense I can only add that I was trying to think how best to describe my table location and "sidewalk cafe" kept popping into my mind and displacing "pavement cafe" which of course is far more appropriate, logical and harmonious to the ear! (Won't make that mistake again!);):D

Back