Mastin Labs - Ilford Pack

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Just downloaded the Mastin Labs beta film pack for Ilford

A set of carefully crafted filters to simulate famous Ilford film stock in both 35mm and MF.

Quick first stab at a MF (grain) PanF conversion with warm paper and a green filter

16141621742_c365402494_b.jpg

Looks like PanF to me!

Mastin always take great care with the accuracy of their film sims - and even though VSCO are excellent, I think Mastin has the edge for authenticity - although they have a much smaller range of sims, so I tend to use VSCO more often.

I'll have a play with all of the options in the new Ilford pack, and post more as I go - looks promising so far though :)

Thanks Pete - sorry forgot the link in my haste to post!

Here's a shot from the X-Pro1, taken in La Jolla CA - PP using Mastin Ilford PanF with Yellow Filter - MF Grain

16175384945_dc98944a47_b.jpg

Shooting for the Moon

This really does reflect how my PanF and yellow filter shots look with actual film - very impressed

Could I be fooled not thinking this is a film shot? Very likely! Does it just work with Lightroom?
It works with Lightroom and Photoshop Rob - only on RAW files during their conversion using ACR

One from this morning - Mastin Labs Ilford PanF again - original shot Fuji X-T1 and 23mm Lens

15566514313_a2702c44c1_b.jpg

Gorgeous Body - '57 Chevy Bel Air

Impressed with how the conversion rendered the subtle ghost flame pant job on the hood

Last edited:
Back