Critique Welcomed Mercer Street, Seattle

Are you finding photography helps ground you in the new environment, Brian? Or was this one done prior to the move? Anyway, it reminds me of many of your former casual street photos, which I've always liked.

Are you finding photography helps ground you in the new environment, Brian? Or was this one done prior to the move? Anyway, it reminds me of many of your former casual street photos, which I've always liked.
Thanks Rob. I've never thought of it that way. I'm sure it does but I always see myself as a passer-by,...an observer of moments from a distance, regardless of proximity.

What a great composition. The three figure and the three cars, all in just the right place. Even those shadows work with it. And then there are the square sunglasses and back-pack straps. That and the hat gives the skateboarder a dystopian / Sream-Punk vibe I think. Love it.

What a great composition. The three figure and the three cars, all in just the right place. Even those shadows work with it. And then there are the square sunglasses and back-pack straps. That and the hat gives the skateboarder a dystopian / Sream-Punk vibe I think. Love it.
Thanks Pete. That bloke on the skateboard really does offer a dystopian vibe. I like that he seems to be looking right at me through those rectangular specs. Thanks again, Pete.

Back