Critique Welcomed The Aurora Avenue Bridge

Brian Moore

Here is another "digital manipulation" (aka colorized--er,...colourized--in Ps).

This is the Aurora Avenue Bridge in Seattle, Washington. I used an Olympus XA2 with Fomapan 400 film. I've included the original image for comparison.

Original:

@Brian Moore
I have spent some time browsing (surfing and turfing) through your site. You have some great photos, I especially like your wonderful architectural shots, but also many of the colour shots.

The b/w version of this photograph is very interesting to my eyes, but the colour version is more striking and dreamlike.

I can only dream of taking such meaningful photos.

Last edited:
@Brian Moore
I have spent some time browsing (surfing and turfing) through your site. You have some great photos, I especially like your wonderful architectural shots, but also many of the colour shots.

The b/w version of this photograph is very interesting to my eyes, but the colour version is more striking and dreamlike.

I can only dream of taking such meaningful photos.
Thank you, Gianluca. I keep meaning to update my site. Nevertheless I am delighted that you enjoyed some of my photos. Much appreciated!

I like both, but the colour version is more arresting. I was struck by the incongruity of the two guys paddling into the future from an ancient past. What terrifying wonders they will discover!

Back