Mevagissey

The third one is outstanding Julian! Bravo!

The first one is well framed too..... That's right next to the toilet block isn't it? Right?

+++
The third one is outstanding Julian! Bravo!

The first one is well framed too..... That's right next to the toilet block isn't it? Right?

Thanks Dan. yes it is next to the entrance of the light house harbour '' Out Light House'' as they say. Near the toilet block and tackle shop

Beautiful, Julian. "Wet fish"?? I like the humour in the 2nd - danger of death - nobody looks very stressed about it! And the third is just superb! And I like the understated colours in the fourth. All in all, a good set. Very good.

DP1?

Beautiful, Julian. "Wet fish"?? I like the humour in the 2nd - danger of death - nobody looks very stressed about it! And the third is just superb! And I like the understated colours in the fourth. All in all, a good set. Very good.

DP1?

Thank very much Rob. No the DP2.

Yes the sign, I was very tempted to Photoshop the words, thought better of it. It is so sunny and warm here at the moment , that and the mist the light was good to play with.

Edit. The great thing about adding the DP1 now, is I can now have three charges on the go.

Love these :) Reminds me of many holidays :)

Wet fish - aye they get wet, do fish :)

No3 is outstanding - and so is the fisherman lol :)

Love these :) Reminds me of many holidays :)

Wet fish - aye they get wet, do fish :)

No3 is outstanding - and so is the fisherman lol :)

Thanks Dave. Thought about popping into your favourite haunt here today , St.Ives. Looked on the surf web cams and the fog is very thick. Tide is high most of the day and prefer it there at low water. I'll see.
Wet fish for fresh fish sounds a lot better than slimy:) fish .

Could not fathom the fisherwoman on the end of the harbour. She seemed to have several rods , far to many.

Julian you are providing us with a fantastic insight to your local environment with these terrific shots. I do love the first one and the mist has been a great benefit to the photograph providing a lovely contrast to the darker tones of the pier and the greyness of the village behind.
I'm so glad you did not yield to the temptation of Photoshopping the sign; it would have been an injustice to the image and what you are recording here.
Superb work indeed.

Julian you are providing us with a fantastic insight to your local environment with these terrific shots. I do love the first one and the mist has been a great benefit to the photograph providing a lovely contrast to the darker tones of the pier and the greyness of the village behind.
I'm so glad you did not yield to the temptation of Photoshopping the sign; it would have been an injustice to the image and what you are recording here.
Superb work indeed.
Thank you Tom for the kind comments.
I'd endorse those comments, I dislike subtracting any objects from a photograph. I enjoy recording what is there and leaving it at that.

i just got here after many hours of driving and waiting and as my eyes are getting dreary and tired, all of a sudden they pop open again, seeing these good story telling pictures from an environment which I seldom see and faintly remember. they are absolutely great Julian and as they all are very good, the first one really caught my eye at first. The others are just as good, but different in their own right. Honestly, did that DP1 happen to help you out here?I' better hit the sack.

i just got here after many hours of driving and waiting and as my eyes are getting dreary and tired, all of a sudden they pop open again, seeing these good story telling pictures from an environment which I seldom see and faintly remember. they are absolutely great Julian and as they all are very good, the first one really caught my eye at first. The others are just as good, but different in their own right. Honestly, did that DP1 happen to help you out here?I' better hit the sack.

Ivar Thank you , these were the DP2. I think these Sigma camera's are very good at factual photography, along side that they do obviously use the light very differently, by design , not better not worse just differently. I am looking forward for the summer months and improved light, I'd like to see how it captures many of the landscapes I know among other subjects. .

Back