More Libya Shots, You've guessed it I'm out here again!

Paul Lange

Some shots are new ad some are old ones that I have just got roud to playing with. Not all are finished and need a bit more of a tweak but the monitor I have here is not really the best for PP.

Tripoli

View from the flat
DSCN0098copycopy.jpg

The huge Mosque in Tripoli centre
DSCN0088copycopy.jpg

About the most shabbiest door I could find in the Old City
DSCN0078copycopy.jpg

A building site close by. The hole is about 70 feet deep and has the most rickity wooden walkway down to the botton I have ever seen. Looks like somethog from the Temple of Doom
DSCN0013.jpg

One of the main gates of the the Castle
DSCN0056copycopy.jpg

Marcus Arelius Archway. This was the guy that the film Gladiator was based (loosly) on.
DSCN0073copycopy.jpg

DSCN0072copycopy.jpg

DSCN0070copycopy.jpg

DSCN0065copycopy.jpg

DSCN0064copycopy.jpg

A typical alley way in the old city
DSCN0062copycopy.jpg

Leptis Magna
DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0163copycopy.jpg

DSC_0137copycopy.jpg

DSC_0121copycopy.jpg

DSC_0115copycopy.jpg

DSC_0076copycopy.jpg

DSC_0068copycopy.jpg

DSC_0064copycopy.jpg

DSC_0046copycopy.jpg

A bit of an overload maybe but I thought I stick them on anyway.

Well look after your self mate eh!

i do like the images though ... the b&w works really well with the light stone
it might be just my screen, but the sky seems to stand out in a lot of them as looking a little sureal compared to the foreground ... i like it ... is it intentional ... how did you do it?

Some were made BW by selecting the blue channel and applying a graient map. This may be why the blue sky stands out. Some probably need tweaking which I will do when I get home as this monitor I'm using is not the best.

I have a slight problem though, I had to submit my passport in order to get a special pass that allows me on to the oil field sites. The office has been closed and my passport is stuck in there. I phoned the FCO hot line about arranging emergency travel documents incase I have to leave quickly and the guy in UK had no idea what I was talking about and had to check the web to see what was going on. He told me to wait until Sunday until the Embassy opens! Great emergency responce I thought.

Blimey mate! That's quite the pickle ... Well good luck ...
I'm sure you'll be fine though ... And if it all kicks off, get that camera out!
There was some amazing photos of protestors on BBC today :)
... Seriously though, I hope you get sorted and back safe and what not...

Paul - keep your head down, sounds like it's getting a little warm out in that neck of the woods - although with American news TV it's always hard to tell!!

hes back now... i emailed him last night and he replyed to say he was back this morning... i siad to him, after watching the news last night it all of a sudden looked a lot more dangerous out there!

Yep, I'm back OK. The **** has really hit the fan out there and there has been reports of aerial bombing in Tripoli, some of it close by the flat where I stay. Now its just a case of waiting to see if I can get hold of any of the Libyans I know that I had to leave behind.

blimey, yeah i didnt even think of that ... ... ......
"good luck to them" doesn't really seem an appropriate thing to say... but you know what I mean!

Glad to hear you're back safe and sound but it must feel bad knowing you have left friends and colleagues behind. Unless something dramatic happens on the political front, it really doesn't look like there will be a peaceful resolution in the short term at least.

Back