Music Recommendations

mm i only have the greatest hits and the first album. very good

royksopp also, if were going down this kind of far out, chill out stuff. I'd say pink floyd were in this category as well

I'd say pink floyd were in this category as well
You can't beat lying in a hot bath by candle-light listening to Wish you where here:cool::cool:.
If anyone likes Pink Floyd I would highly recommend you go to see the Australian Pink Floyd Show sometime. It's the closest you'll get to seeing the real thing, with out actually seeing the real thing:D:D.

Agreed - Australian Pink Floyd put on one hell of a live show, and sound just like Pink Floyd - a great night out.

They also did a 3 hr set when we went to see them - fantastic value for money in this day and age, and it gave them time to cover the Floyd back catalogue

I've seen them three times, the second they did "The Wall" all the way through then finished with another hour or so of other great stuff, including some of the really early Floyd.
Absolutely fantastic and can't wait for their next appearance at Newcastle Arena.

I really cant let my other hobby of hifi slip over into this forum to much .... but what i can let slide is some music recommendations

I have a nice little hifi in the office for us to enjoy some choons whilst we work ... this afternoon we have mostly been listening to

Massive Attack 'heligoland'

good god its a grower... 'paradise circus' is sublime ... proper goose pimple territory for me!

Hi amish, i love my music too, cant stand all this junk they play on the radio. ive always been into heavy rock, but just recently, well over the last few years or so, ive been listening to celtic folk a lot, love shooglenifty, they are probably my favorite band, also peabog fearies too. we do the folk festivals every year, did cambridge last year, that was brilliant, always do shrewsbury folk festival too in our camper van. we just bought a 70-200 f2.8 IS lens, dont know how im going to sneak that in this year.

quite like a bit of folk my self!
do you know of 'tunng'? thats right up my street!

listening to the hifi now... bit of 'The XX' ... which might come under the banner of "all this junk they play on the radio" but i like it a lot .... very mellow, and stark, yet interesting and involving ... for me at least ... although i have been told my taste in music is wishy washy :)

we just bought a 70-200 f2.8 IS lens, dont know how im going to sneak that in this year.

down the front of your trousers ... just walk in looking smug :)

the xx, not sure i know them, but certainly wont come under junk on radio banner. i think we should have a whip round for the local radio station, they only seem to have about 50 tracks they have to keep repeating over and over again. in case youre thinking, well just dont listen to it, they have it on at work. i listen to planet rock at home.

seeing as we're adding videos |I thought I'd add this......I watch this alot and it always gives me goose bumps, I just love the imagery in this video. It's not his best tune by a mile although the words are great it's the shots that do it mostly for me.

[video=youtube;4T8Pw6eBdFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T8Pw6eBdFI&hd=1[/video]

Vic

course if i knew how to embed i would!

Last edited:
copy the link into the pop up box you get when you click this logo
video.png

nope wont work for me , bloody thing , ok dim wit sussed it

Last edited:
Back