My neighbourhood theme, 08/10/10 - 15/10/10

27974_443393879837_729189837_5699979_6934671_n.jpg

Across the street, shot out my window.

Had to get in quick this week as tomorrow I shall be away from home for the week (Poland). So here is the view of the morning mist from the bedroom window. Close enough?! Liked the light shining through the trees and,as the whole scene was a golden brown anyway, this seemed the right sort of treatment. And if I hadn't had to get up early to check in online, I'd never have taken it (serendipity strikes again!).

Greywellmorning.jpg

Nikon D3, Nikkor 135 1:2.8 (pre-ai but ai'd). ISO 320 1/800 at f5.6 (it was early after all!).

Slight use of recovery in APR plus blacks and sharpening during import to PS. Mono conversion in Nik SilverFX pro. Burning etc using Photokit by PixelGenius / layer masks. Border using canvas size and then blurred and textured using a layer mask.

Last edited:
Two shots taken today from the bridge above our level crossing, just 200m from our house.

p720952161-4.jpg

Men at work:

p965644660-5.jpg

Had to get in quick this week as tomorrow I shall be away from home for the week (Poland). So here is the view of the morning mist from the bedroom window. Close enough?! Liked the light shining through the trees and,as the whole scene was a golden brown anyway, this seemed the right sort of treatment. And if I hadn't had to get up early to check in online, I'd never have taken it (serendipity strikes again!

Nikon D3, Nikkor 135 1:2.8 (pre-ai but ai'd). ISO 320 1/800 at f5.6 (it was early after all!).

Slight use of recovery in APR plus blacks and sharpening during import to PS. Mono conversion in Nik SilverFX pro. Burning etc using Photokit by PixelGenius / layer masks. Border using canvas size and then blurred and textured using a layer mask.

Very nice, atmospheric shot, Pete.

Nah it just means you have to make a bit more effort ;)
You do raise an interesting problem though, any ideas how to deal with this anyone?

Can you read the EXIF data for each shot and tell that way?

i have messed about with this well beyond any level of knowing whether or not its a load of crap... i think it might be ... ah well ... this is my contribution

_DSC4259-2.jpg

I'm thinking that Hamish just has a screen calibration issue... ;)

Hamish, like the widescreen crop, and the way the tree frames the subject.

Like the idea of a nite shot, I'm planning to post one myself, interesting starbursts on the bright lights.

Looks fairly fishey? Which lens did you use?

Pete, you did all that before breakfast! Impressive!!

Like the toned look of the final result, very nice.

Tim, on you're second picture, did you crop out the guy brewing a cuppa?

Everything else seemed to be in place for the perfect British worker pic ;)

Larry, timing is everything, nice one!

Back