My Next Guitar

Lovely music in that link. If that's your next guitar, and you have to wait a year for it, that means you won't get any other guitars for a year at least. Is that really what you mean?

It is! In fact I will have to sell two lutes and a guitar to pay for this one! I'm trying to downscale the number of instruments I play - as I get older, I'm finding less energy and time to play all the instruments I do play. This guitar will cover all my guitar music and all my lute music. So, three or four go out, and one comes in. That's the plan.

The luthier, Michael Gee of Earls Barton, Northamptonshire, Engerland, has a waiting list, hence the delay.

BTW, I just got a film back, and it has confirmed my fear - I can no longer take a half-decent photograph!

It is! In fact I will have to sell two lutes and a guitar to pay for this one! I'm trying to downscale the number of instruments I play - as I get older, I'm finding less energy and time to play all the instruments I do play. This guitar will cover all my guitar music and all my lute music. So, three or four go out, and one comes in. That's the plan.

The luthier, Michael Gee of Earls Barton, Northamptonshire, Engerland, has a waiting list, hence the delay.

BTW, I just got a film back, and it has confirmed my fear - I can no longer take a half-decent photograph!
What happened with the film images?

I was given a 'student' classical guitar with that type of angled fret/fingerboard.

I went down many rabbit holes trying to learn its history. Mine appears to be a no-name German guitar brought to the US by immigrants. The owner passed away & her husband gave it to a guitarist at his church, & that guy gave it to me.

I have a couple names I think reflect its history, but think Rob probably has more accurate info, since he's in touch with the luthier.

So I should ask first, and perhaps only share the historical info I think is relevant, if it's of any interest. My info is potentially accurate but could also be only tangentially related because I found it on...you know...the internet.

Back