Namib storm

Rudi Venter

It seldom rains in the Namib desert in Namibia, so when it does it is a special occasion! I was privileged to be traveling trough the Namib desert on a photo expedition when a storm approached and we had to stop for a while. With an average annual rainfall of around 10mm this little storm used up all the rain for many years!

crw_1285_std.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Rudi

Ooo that's stunning mate!
Really good stuff

Would you be interested in submitting this as an option for a new header for the website Rudi??

Rudi, your shots are always interesting. This one is another great example of that.

Wow - love the colour contrast from the dunes to the mountains - and the way you captured the rain almost back-lit

Rudi,

I apologize for having missed this one; what a wonderful image and a unique capture! I want to get to Africa someday, it is shots like this that explain why. Wonderful colors, great composition, and obviously impeccable timing too :)

ML

It seldom rains in the Namib desert in Namibia, so when it does it is a special occasion! I was privileged to be traveling trough the Namib desert on a photo expedition when a storm approached and we had to stop for a while. With an average annual rainfall of around 10mm this little storm used up all the rain for many years!

crw_1285_std.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Rudi

Back