New stuff !

jack green

I've not been posting here for a while, but i'm glad to be back.

recently i've been been doing lots of light play...

orb and el by night - light, on Flickr

tell me what you think :)

Very good jack!
I see your having alot of fun with this 'El' wire is it?
Might just get some my self, cheap as chips it is I think
Liking the compo dude, we still have a gathering/night photog on the cards which I'm holding you to ;) :D

el wire - or electroluminescent wire

it's essentially, a phosphorous wire which glows when a charge is run through it, it is then put inside a coloured sleeve which gives the colour to the light - you buy it all wired up already.

you have a small battery pack which you usually get constant or strobe, you basically turn on the strobe setting, and long expose you swishing it around.

dan that sounds good - but possibly just in the middle of town ? maybe hamish could come too?

it is indeed cheap as chips - use 1m strands of the 3.2mm wire - do not buy "angel wire" which is really thin, as the light is often not bright enough

if you want to buy some, here is a shop on ebay which are great - they infact sponsor [nocturne] (search on flickr or go to Noctography - Home ) who uses their wires.

EL Tape, EL Shapes items in elwirecraft store on eBay!

haha, i will do , i also need to come and chat to you about work experience...

are you at the workplace tomorrow about 5 hamish?

That is way cool! Love the smokey light effect

dan that sounds good - but possibly just in the middle of town ? maybe hamish could come too?

Anywhere you like dude!? Just let me know when your out (preferably planned rather than last minute...... Kids and all that.lol) and we'll meet up. :):)

A very interesting capture. I really like the effect. Two things bother me though but they could be eliminated with some processing. First are the lights (are they windows?) along the right edge. The second is the fact that the stars are all double. Looks like you might have two exposures here? And moved the camera? Cloning out one star and removing those right side lights would IMHO make one outstanding print!

thanks for the comment Ralph,

yeah they're lights from my neighbors house , unfortunately i'm not competent enough in photoshop to remove something like that, however i could clone the stars out, i'm still confused why the stars are so apart, as the exposures were more-a-less consecutive, and i didnt move the camera whatsoever,

i handed this unit in to my teachers today... they seem pretty pleased with it as a whole

i have a load more of my night photography on my flickr if you're interested :)

Flickr: night - light's Photostream

Not every star is affected by that doubling so I would doubt that its camera movement causing it.
They might be reflections off a filter on the lens...??

Your mate with the lubitel has very "interesting" hair!

I'd like to see some shots taken with that camera ... I have one somewhere I think, not put a film though it before though ...

haha,

it's not actually his - it's another friend of ours but the owner of the lubitel was shooting ieuan with it, and i just took a couple shots quickly

i'll link you to the owners flickr, they have some shots on there

taken from a bus in poland | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You keeping this place a secret from your mates or summut??
Some nice shots in there!

Soz I wasnt at the office to answer the phone today ... Felt *** so came home!

nope, it's just they're more bloggers themselves.. they've got an art blog..

it's alright mate :)

Hamish. The fact that you 'think' that you have one of them somewhere suggests that maybe your camera collection is getting a bit too big.... :D:D:D I'm always a perfect candidate for camera adoption if your struggling with that collection ;) :D:D

I have an image in my head of a mechanic rambling through his huge tool box looking for a 17mm spanner amongst every tool in the box saying 'I have one somewhere... i think'

Made me chuckle that did :D:D:D

Dan, you are welcome to borrow any one of my cameras on them shelves any time you like!
You got any closer to deving your own films yet?
I have a spare dark bag, dev tank, spiral you can borrow if you want? You just need a measuring jug and chems!

Back