Nikon D3200 & 28mm 1.8 Announced

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
A Couple of new bits of kit from Nikon were announced yesterday...
Nikon D3200 - The new entry level offering from Nikon

2125123223.png

Sporting a 24.2mp Dx format sensor ... Seems Nikon are upping their game regarding pixel count... I hope it is not to much at the detriment of low light capability and low noise etc
The other feature of note seems to be the compatibility with a wireless transmitter that allows both transfer of files to an android device AND control of the camera with the ability to "remotely preview the live view screen".
That's pretty cool if you ask me! shame its not built into the camera ... and only compatible with android ... still, step in the right direction!

2205998351.jpg

more here
Nikon UK - Digital Cameras - SLR - Consumer - D3200 - Digital Cameras, D-SLR, COOLPIX, NIKKOR Lenses

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G

1237829154.jpg

Designed for FX cameras ie. full frame ... but obviously will work on dx giving an almost perfectly normal fov
That's on my shopping list!

not much more to say on that ... plenty of reading here
Nikon UK - NIKKOR Lenses - Auto Focus Lenses - FX Lenses - Single Focal Length - AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G - Digital Cameras, D-SLR, COOLPIX, NIKKOR Lenses

I wish they would do the wireless android compatible device for the D300. It could also be apple compatible, I don't mind. I may have to try a dedicated solution instead. The 28mm looks very interesting.

... i thought you might spot that ;)

Ive been meaning to ask you for ages ...
do you use the katzete splitscreen focusing screen i sold you inside the d300?
If not, would you sell it back to me ...
No hurry, but if it required me doing the operation to swap the screens back to the original i could also do that for you next time you are in the uk???
SHould have sent this by pm really but im being lazy and you posting here reminded me :)

Back