Noctor 50mm f/0.95 HyperPrime

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
In march this year a company called Noctor release a 50mm 0.95 lens for the micro four thirds system.

01_550x258.jpg

This is the info from their site

With a maximum aperture of F0.95, the Noktor Hyperprime is the fastest lens designed for Micro Four Thirds cameras.

At open aperture, the lens renders pictures and video with extreme shallow depth of field for a dreamy and unique aesthetic.

Extreme Low-light Shooting
In low-light photography and cinematography, the lens exceeds the perception of the human eye. From nightscapes to campfires, now you can shoot in situations that are often impossible to capture with a normal lens.

at £799 it is seemingly the cheapest available lens of the sort of speed it is, unfortunatly on the 4/3rds system it is a 100mm lens and focusing manually on 3/4rds camers is not the easiest thing...

it does look like they have intentions of making a version for canon and nikon at some point... i for one would definitely buy a Nikon version

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 135
£799 seems like a lot of money for dreamy. I do use limited depth of field as needed, however with the D700, is is all to easy to evoke even if you want great depth of field. Whenever conditions permit, I tend to go for the sweet-spot of the lens - usually between f/8.0 and f/11 with zooms, but even there, limited DOF can be a problem with anything over 50mm when working close.

Cosina has decided to join in making µ4/3 cameras, and they have a 25mm f/0.95 on the way.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10082619cosinamicrofourthirds.asp

Translated from the Japanese "F0.95 25mm Nocton is a new standard for lenses Micro-only. Natural diagonal angle of 47.3 °, the open F value of 0.95 achieved an impressive brightness. The large diameter This enables photography ever experienced two big blur advantage. The fastest standard lens, please enjoy your Micro machine.

■ Micro-only mount
11 shots were 8 ■, using ultra-high refractive index glass
Sense of rigidity and durability ■, total metal tube
Focus Manual Focus is available in certain operations ■
Blade iris diaphragm by 10 ■, taste lovely bokeh

Focal length / 25mm
Aperture ratio / 1:0.95
Minimum aperture / F16
Lens Construction / 8 groups, 11 lenses
Angle / 47.3 °
Number of diaphragm blades / 10
Minimum focusing distance / 0.17m
Magnification up to shooting / 1:3.9
Diameter × length / φ58.4 × 70.0mm
Filter size / φ52mm
Weight / 410g (without accessories)
Mount / Micro Four Thirds mount
Lens hood / accessories

MSRP (U.S.)
¥ 95,000
Will be released in October
75-1.8h
Food included"

I am particularly pleased that food is included. I love sashimi and that would be a good enough reason to get into a micro four thirds system.;):D;)

cosina25mm.gif

Last edited:
Back