North Norfolk Coast

Shaun Haselden

These are a few shots taken during 2015 whilst visiting Burnham Deepdale and Burnham Overy Staithe in Norfolk. I just love this place so much. Shot using my then Mamiya RB67 with standard lens onto Kodak Tmax 100 film which was then developed in Paterson FX39.

Attachments

• Burnham Deepdale Old Boat.jpg
    Burnham Deepdale Old Boat.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Burnham Overy Staithe No1.jpg
    Burnham Overy Staithe No1.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 15
  • Burnham Overy Staithe No2.jpg
    Burnham Overy Staithe No2.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Burnham Deepdale Old Narrow Boat.jpg
    Burnham Deepdale Old Narrow Boat.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 15
Thank you Rob, your comments are appreciated and yes, my digital shots are far more graphic than my silver halide shots. It is at times like these that I wish I hadn't removed the more traditional form of photography from my life. I love the older style of imaging a great deal with its limited depth of field due to the size of the format and I love the soft, delicate tones that it gives. If I were to reinvent things yet again, I would prefer to use Fuji Acros 100 or maybe Ilford FP4+ in Tetenal Neofin Blue. Now there's a temptation for me.

I had an RB67 Pro SD, with good lenses, but sold the lot. I never got anything like as good as you have here. And it was very cumbersome. I hope you share more, Shaun.

Thank you so much for your positivity and support. Regarding my silver halide photography, I specifically used a wide aperture to maintain a shallow depth of field so that my photographs would keep an old time look reminiscent of my favourite old images. I also shot using 6X7 cm to limit DOF even more. I love the mid tones that this format captures but wish I had used Fuji Acros 100 film in place of T Max 100, Acros being my favourite.

Back