Notes From The Top Left Corner

The stones and water make a great image, as does the detail study of the postbox. Not a clue about the meaning of the sign though.

Deerstalker.JPG
A new lens landed yesterday: a Jupiter 8.
I love it, it's great, so £12.50 well spent!
I spent the day with it in Preston today. I didn't know it, but there was all sorts of activity going on for Armed Forces Day -not least, a whacking great Spitfire fighter plane in the market area (see my post 'The Non-Conformist'...Click Me)

They're Dredding It.JPG

GPO.JPG Bus Station.JPG

Last edited:
Footling about with Fuscias

We have a fuschia in the garden and there's a dogwood bush about 4 metres behind it. The show of flowers on it is great this year. I've been looking at it through a few different lenses over the last week.

Fuschia Takumar 50mm.JPG

Takumar 50mm f/1.4 @ f/2

Just back from a short trip to Wales. I took the Canon DSLR and that Pentax P30 with me. It was the first time I have tried to use the P30 with my Adaptall 17mm lens. There were some really great results from this happy liaison. Here's one I particularly like...

Pool.JPG

Still playing with the 17mm Tamron on the P30, I spent an evening recently wandering around the campus of Lancaster University, which is just outside my village. There is some interesting architecture there.

The Chaplaincy

Uni chap1.JPG Uni chap2.JPG

The Ruskin Library

Uni Rusk1.JPG Uni Rusk2.JPG

Saturday mornings are my street photography time.

The Eyes Have It.jpg
The Eyes Have It

My wife got her degree in fine art and she likes to keep her skills sharpened by attending a life drawing session for a couple of hours. She tells me it's an essential activity and I tell her I think it's just an excuse to look at willies, but anyway, while she does that I prowl around the streets of Lancaster, and sometimes Morecambe, with a camera and take photos of the good folks in the streets there.

Here are a few that I haven't posted on RPF before.

Unidentified Item in the Bagging Area.JPG
Unidentified Item in the Bagging Area

Wind.JPG
Wind

Musical Appreciation.JPG
Musical Appreciation

Saucy.JPG
Saucy?

Last edited:
That is interesting architecture. Really like the first one of the Chaplaincy, the way the roofline curves up to form the side of the steeple is a fine piece of design. You have captured it very well. There are some interesting effects from pointing a wide-angle upwards, but it is also easy to end up with something that looks like a bad estate agent pic!

Great set of street pics, all very good. Particulary like the first and last ones.

Back