Obligatory Snow Scene's

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
wales2.jpg

wales.jpg

just a few local scenes, nowt fancy......didnt like the coloured versions.......so had a little edit........lol

Darren

Show Us Your Snow........!!

uk and parts of Europe have been hit unusually hard lately with the white stuff, yet surprisingly there hasn’t been many snowy images coming through, are you lot afraid of the cold or something.........ha-ha

So come on folks show us you snowy shots.

i thought it was verging on over contrasty as it is.......... lol

Looks damn cold Darren!

I like the B&W treatment.

How did you go about getting a decent exposure with all that white snow around?

bloody hard work chris......lol

I shot in raw as normal & edited in CS4 to pull it back with fill in light, recovery to sort out the blown highlights..........

15 mins later & aot of shoving and pulling of sliders i ended up with this, which is reasonably useable

I love snow but photographing it is a nightmare......i guess you dont see much snow in your parts chris..........!!

Daz

lovely snowy scenes both, I didn't venture out myself as yet as I have had one heck of a throat virus and cold which is finally on its way out! Going today though to Sgwd Gwladys (The lady waterfall) as once again its frozen over down there with only minimal amount of water running and everywhere is covered in massive icicles,gonna be quite a challenge as its not only the water this time to try and get right but also the ice and snow that is down there, so loads of layers of clothing at the ready cos I hate the cold lolol

sounds great that Laurie............look forward to your images, i grabbed some icicles other day.....but they hard to make look good with camera......mine came out crap to say the least lol

Glad your hopefully feeling better.........!
Daz

Back