Off the street

Tom Dinning

I've been chased from more backyards than I car to mention. As I slow down I'm less game but the pleasures of photographing someone's small piece of the planet still outweighs the dangers inherent.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I do like shots of the ordinary and what I like is the way the photographic eye / process or whatever transforms them or at least adds significance. I'm assuming these are not Darwin! If they are then we know who to blame for the plague of weelie-bins, recycling boxes and satellite dishes that adorn the UK these days!

As Tom said previously Pete, criminals and other hoodlums were sent to Darwin and elsewhere down under, so this may absolutely be from that place;) albeit they seemingly have uplifted themselves to a level which is quite the same as many places in the UK. It is always nice to get a glimpse of peoples everyday life and how that may differ from other places in the world. So well done.

It's in the UK. Christine is from Manchester. We visit there most years.

What is curious is that the washing hangs freely over a pedestrian way which allows access to the back of each house. Dodging the washing seems to be an expectation if you live in this neighborhood.

image.jpg

Love the 2nd one especially Tom - lovely perspective

The second one really is an excellent shot Tom. Really like the how it draws the eye through it.
There was a time here in Boston when the alley ways were the place to hang clothes. I don't see it much anymore...maybe people don't mind paying the bill for dryer use?

Back