Oh, I Love This

Sorry @Julian de'Courcy and @Rob MacKillop can you explain the process again?
What are you doing with the blue channel?

Is blue the top layer of the sensor or something?

How does this look outdoors?

Those shots you sent me are really nice Rob, the noise is more film like somehow than some cameras ... It reminds me a little of what I used to get out of my epson, but finer noise

In the b&w section of Sigma Photo Pro there is an RGB colour wheel for fine tuning the b&w tonality. The blue area seems to clean up the image a little, while softening the noise. I don't have a clue as to why this happens, I'm just happy it does.
You can download the latest version for free http://www.sigma-sd.com/download/photopro.html and I could send you an untreated image if you like, so that you can play with it.

Ah, I had it on my PC a while back - never use it, and not sure how to access it from my mac. I have Google Drive - would that be of use? Each raw file is about 46 MB...

Download Dropbox
In "finder" create a folder inside the Dropbox folder called "Rob Hamish Shared" or similar
Ctrl + click (right click) on it after it's synced (the little icon on it has gone blue)
There should be an option for "share this folder"
That will take you to the Dropbox website where a pop up box will ask you who you want to share it with
My Dropbox email is hamish@f8creates.com
Click "invite" (I think it says invite? Or "share"? Something like that)

it worked just fine Rob!
That shot of your(?) kitchen is a great shot!

The difference in noise when moving that dot around the colour wheel is amazing isn't it!
The kitchen shot looks brilliant with the dot in the blue!!

that sigma software is ... interesting ... not my cup of tea

Thank you for doing that, it has answered a lot of questions! Another camera to add to the list of cameras to buy sometime ... maybe if they eventually support it in lightroom; it would then almost be a no brainer for me!

Back