Critique Welcomed Old village

Well, it would save you a lot of money, and is pocketable. I tried various Ricoh small digitals but found them too small for my big hands, but they do give a high-quality shot, like these.

Well, it would save you a lot of money, and is pocketable. I tried various Ricoh small digitals but found them too small for my big hands, but they do give a high-quality shot, like these.

The size and photo quality made me pay for it. Now I can carry a small camera for snap shots anytime anywhere

From time to time the thought of acquiring a Ricoh GR has crossed my mind. I like its diminutive size as well as its supposed ease of use for street photography. Nice set you have here Aldous. It makes me reconsider the Ricoh again.

From time to time the thought of acquiring a Ricoh GR has crossed my mind. I like its diminutive size as well as its supposed ease of use for street photography. Nice set you have here Aldous. It makes me reconsider the Ricoh again.
Thanks Brian. I had never thought to get this camera, but it's definitely a kick ass camera for street photography. Make sure to get extra batteries for it :D

What a wonderful set, Aldous and I like the processing you have used - it suits the images. I used to use the GRs as my pocket cameras and like them very much. The lack of a proper viewfinder always bugged me though - I have the the optical one, but it just is not quite good enough. I switched to the Sony RX100 range and I use the viewfinder a lot on these (mainly because I can't see what I'm doing on the rear screen without reading glasses these days!), but I think I prefer the fixed lens and rendering of the Ricoh. I should dig one out and take it for a spin.

What a wonderful set, Aldous and I like the processing you have used - it suits the images. I used to use the GRs as my pocket cameras and like them very much. The lack of a proper viewfinder always bugged me though - I have the the optical one, but it just is not quite good enough. I switched to the Sony RX100 range and I use the viewfinder a lot on these (mainly because I can't see what I'm doing on the rear screen without reading glasses these days!), but I think I prefer the fixed lens and rendering of the Ricoh. I should dig one out and take it for a spin.

Thanks Pete. I found a bit hard to shoot without viewfinder as well specially under sunlight, but the filters are really amazing. I carry it every single day with me even go to work just in case I need it for snap shots

Back