Critique Welcomed On the Main Street of Madrid New Mexico

It may be the only street; I'm not sure.

Yashica 635 and Kodak Portra 160.

WOW!! Are you on some kind of road trip? If you are ever in the Austin area let me know and I will treat you to lunch. That photo is flat out AMAZING!!! I have never like Portra films, but this may be one of the best photos I have ever seen taken with one. I am shooting 6X6 almost exclusively right now for film. B/W though. You should try out a Mamiya C330 sometime. It's quite an amazing camera. It does have the downside of having lots of accessories so you can go down a rabbit hole pretty fast with it. Eventually I am going to hook up this Epson V850 scanner I bought three months ago. Sadly, it's still sitting in a box...eventually...sigh.... As with anything computer related I can always find some way to avoid doing it.

I would actually buy a print of that photo Brian.

WOW!! Are you on some kind of road trip? If you are ever in the Austin area let me know and I will treat you to lunch. That photo is flat out AMAZING!!! I have never like Portra films, but this may be one of the best photos I have ever seen taken with one. I am shooting 6X6 almost exclusively right now for film. B/W though. You should try out a Mamiya C330 sometime. It's quite an amazing camera. It does have the downside of having lots of accessories so you can go down a rabbit hole pretty fast with it. Eventually I am going to hook up this Epson V850 scanner I bought three months ago. Sadly, it's still sitting in a box...eventually...sigh.... As with anything computer related I can always find some way to avoid doing it.

I would actually buy a print of that photo Brian.
I get down to Austin from time-to-time, Steve. Thanks for the invitation. I'll let you know next time. For this image I was driving between Albuquerque and Farmington, NM. I had some extra time so I took a scenic route. Found myself going through Madrid, where I shot this image. I've used a friend's C330 before. Magnificent beast of a camera. I subsequently purchased an earlier version, the C33. Also a beast! Thanks for your comments, Steve.

Looks like a 120 shot, but I believe the Yashica 635 can also do 35mm - indeed the clue is in the name. How do you find it for 35mm, Brian?
You're correct Rob the 635 can do 120 or 35mm. However, for 35mm an adapter is required. I don't have the adapter. I'd like to get one at some point to try out the 35mm though. Thanks Rob.

Back