Critique Welcomed On The Sunny Side of the Lane

Peter Roberts

Just along from Candy Palace is a narrow alley that rejoices in the name of Turnpin Lane. Most of the time it is in shadow. Briefly in the mid afternoon if the sun is low enough, and actually out, a shaft of light is sent down one side. No meaning to tease out of this image, it is merely intended to portray a pleasant scene.

IMG_0033.jpg
Minolta XD7 / Minolta 35-70mm f3.5 / Kentmere 400 / Rodinal

It’s funny, I literally just wrote the following privately to Gianluca, and then came here to read his amusing comment:

“I never ever think about art, I’m just thinking about meaning, and sometimes there is meaning, and sometimes there is no meaning…For me, life does not come with a meaning installed, but we are free to give a variety of meanings to life, and when I say life I could also say photography or music, or something else. So that’s my approach.”

I love photography that has no meaning, is happy in itself, as with Peter’s image. And I also love the other kind. Thankfully we can have both! 😎

Nice scene! I instantly wondered what the guy in the white shirt was looking at.

It’s funny, I literally just wrote the following privately to Gianluca, and then came here to read his amusing comment:

“I never ever think about art, I’m just thinking about meaning, and sometimes there is meaning, and sometimes there is no meaning…For me, life does not come with a meaning installed, but we are free to give a variety of meanings to life, and when I say life I could also say photography or music, or something else. So that’s my approach.”

I love photography that has no meaning, is happy in itself, as with Peter’s image. And I also love the other kind. Thankfully we can have both! 😎
Of course, photography has a meaning Rob. You love it and it makes you happy. What better meaning can you get than that?

Back