Over The Sea to Skye

Brian Moore

My wife, Linda, well wrapped up against the chilly ocean breeze that was blowing across the heights of the Applecross Peninsula on this fine summer evening in August, surveys the Inner Sound and the Isle of Skye beyond.

Shot this image with my Canon 7D in RAW mode. Manipulated the image this morning in PS Bridge and PS (this may be a watershed moment for me, people). I brought up the greens in the foreground and enhanced the red in the coat just a touch. I also increased the exposure and contrast on the image a bit, but I needed to be careful not to lose the Cuillins (those peaks on Skye).

redcoat.jpg

Last edited:
Great image, Brian. I think you've pushed the red a little too far (that's rich coming from me!) but it's interesting to see your foray into digital manipulation. Slippery road!

makes me feel homesick, bit misty eyed

Oooooooo its like Edvard Munch "Girl on the beach"
High praise indeed, Ahmad. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Great image, Brian. I think you've pushed the red a little too far (that's rich coming from me!) but it's interesting to see your foray into digital manipulation. Slippery road!
You may be right, Rob. I shot RAW + JPEG at the time. For comparison purposes here's the JPEG version as it came out of the camera.

IMG_8787.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

makes me feel homesick, bit misty eyed

LOL. That's very sweet, Davie. :)

Nice shot Brian and (I have been waiting for so long to write this) super PP! :)

Actually I like the slightly over accentuated red myself. It changes the image from straight pictorial I think.
I'm delighted to accommodate, Pete! :) Thanks, Pete.

- - - Updated - - -

Smashing pic Brian.
Much appreciated, Julian. Thank you.

Send Brian some meds - he's lost it - post processing RAW files, what ever next! ;)

What a fabulous photo Brian - welcome to the dark side... which you can lighten with a little PP :D

Send Brian some meds - he's lost it - post processing RAW files, what ever next! ;)

What a fabulous photo Brian - welcome to the dark side... which you can lighten with a little PP :D

LOL. Not sure how much of "it" I've lost, but do feel free to send the meds, everyone! ;) Thanks for comments and thanks for the warm welcome, Chris. Much appreciated. :)

Great shot, I like the pushed red on the jacket, looks great against the green/purples of the grass, the colours seem to compliment each other.

Back