Playing about and capturing a little bit of spring sunshine.

Ralph Turner

Playing about with an adapted lens. With the pano shot, on a clearer day you can see across the Solway Firth to the Cumbrian Fells.
(Panasonic GX1, Schneider Componar 75mm f2.8 via helicoid adaptor.)

Attachments

• _1150009.jpg
    _1150009.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 6
  • _1150010.jpg
    _1150010.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 7
  • _1150014.jpg
    _1150014.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 7
  • _1150019.jpg
    _1150019.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm sorry to say I've never even heard of a Componar lens. But it gives definitely nice results. That would be an interesting 150mm equivalent too, on the GX1. I recently watched a video by James Popsys where he's using a GX1... kinda wishing I had one too!

Back to the images, I hadn't noticed the wind turbine, but now I've seen it I can't un-see it! @Pete Askew see what you've done...;)
Particularly like the chimney pots - and curious about the purpose of the hose clamps (if they're not chimney clamps...) around the pots. We don't get many chimney pots round here:)

I was lucky with the GX1, got it for £50 from the ‘Bay. It has issues like the previously mentioned faint colour shift on the sensor and there are clumps of dead pixels on the screen ( though luckily not enough to cause a problem) hence getting it cheap. It’s still quite capable though.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the pics. The jubilee clips (well, two of ‘em, anyway) are there to hold the cowls on.

Back