In the company of a Rebel.

Well, it nearly happened again. A 500 on the 'Bay, only one bid of 99p. I kept watch for three quarters of an hour, getting ready to pounce at the right moment..... then got engrossed in the telly and missed the end of bidding 🫣.. ah well, someone's got a good mint condition slr for less than a quid.😎

Thanks, gents. At this stage, of course, it might still turn out to be a dud when I run a film through it. Anyway, fingers crossed. I'm guessing it's their lack of 'street cred' or something that's the reason for their cheap price. There are a surprising number of similar cameras not just from Canon, but Minolta, Pentax etc. That go for a song. All quite capable, just a bit plasticky. Maybe the cost of the glass to go with it is a factor. For anyone looking to try film out though, I would have thiught they'd be a good option.
Lately I've been thinking about an EOS film camera just so I can use my (few) EOS lenses for film as well as digital. You might have put me over the edge. (By the way I have that 40mm pancake lens; its a nice lens.) The pictures are nice, by the way.

Lately I've been thinking about an EOS film camera just so I can use my (few) EOS lenses for film as well as digital. You might have put me over the edge. (By the way I have that 40mm pancake lens; its a nice lens.) The pictures are nice, by the way.
If you do, happy hunting. Hopefully you'll strike lucky with one.

(By the way I have that 40mm pancake lens; its a nice lens.) The pictures are nice, by the way.
Thank you re pictures ☺️ Indeed, that 40mm is very good. When on one of these plastic fantastics, it makes for a somewhat bulky 'compact' camera. Very light, yet all the control you could want and the lens (as you know) tack sharp.

Back