POLO

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
5891093181_9e32e7f8cf_b.jpg

5891659714_b30ae9b908_b.jpg

Got rid of my modified vectra & moved to something much much smaller, 1999 T Reg VW Polo 1.9 Diesel with 80k & original unmarked Alloys, FSH In Mint condition (it was my stepdads) and freshly polished by my fair hands.........!!

Its quite good to drive apart from the noise of the diesel engine that i am not used to, will never break any land speed records but it has plenty of power to have a little fun around these welsh rural roads & quite comfy.

Despite the smaller size, as a driver there is plenty of room. Just not much leg room for rear passengers, which generally is int a problem for me.....!!

Boot is also tiny, but as long as i can carry my camera bag i am happy..........!!

Daz

it should save me a fortune, step dad reckons 60mpg were my vectra did 40mpg its a bit of an older car but it is really mint condition and didn't cost me anything so i am very happy. if i get on with smaller car will upgrade to a 2-3 year old small car similar to this i think.

Amazing what a bit of polish can do to paint work though innit.......i never polished a car before haha

Daz

Gotta be better than a vectra!
I like a vw, my dad used to drive passats ... For some reason that makes me feel more at home in somthing with a vw badge on it!

Love a nice VW - obviously been well looked after - you should get 250,000 miles out of that with no problem

Need to have a word with the DMV about that plate though - looks well dodgy!

Hi Darren i had a P reg 1.9 polo great little car but very weak gearbox mine went twice ( lost all gears but 5th then after about a year after the repair lost 5th . got high 50s mpg

saying that bryan the gears feel 1000 times better than my vectra, the poloactually wants to go into gear smoothly where as the vectra seem to protest somewhat and was very clunky.......haha

Just hope this gear box is gonna be good for me......lol

good luck with it Darren they are a great little car. i had mine for 3 years and put 100k on it 139000 when i sold it.drove it to Scotland in 2000 with 2 adults and 2 children plus all our ski equipment no problem .good in the snow too with the nice heavy engine over the thinish front wheels. Enjoy

Back