Redundant - Modified Light Theme

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
Well, I think this comes into the modified light theme.....

This is the main heating/electricity control room for Wood Norton Hotel conference rooms. I didn't spend a great deal of time there Wednesday night. Have hour in fact.....
The place has no light. Complete darkness in this room even more so. This was a 4ish second long exposure f/4 ISO 400 10-20mm sigma lens @ 10mm. I painted the area with a 100lmn torch to exposure the shot and produce what is seen. Then later in Snapseed app brought out the detail.
May need a second opinion if this does fit it to the 'Modified light' theme.

This place is trashed...

by DanCatt, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

4 seconds with a torch...? Pretty remarkable, Dan.

Yes, I shall find the time to demonstrate.

I put the torch on a wide spread beam (very powerful little thing) and within those 4 seconds painted the area and moved my arms from side to side a fair bit to not cast any harsh shadow lines (although a few visible) on anything in the frame, giving it that smooth 'diffused' look :)

It was all over in a jiffy. :)

Ive' not a clue Dan but impressed with the capabilities of a torch , along with the bit of ingenuity from yourself. I have one idea and not sure how to implement it. Not sure how long we have to submit such images.

I like the idea.
A theme a month...... Hopefully we can put our heads together and work out theme for March, and then from then onwards....

What say all?

Back