Reichert MeF2 lenses

I did recently a focus stacking, with quite good results. I will show some results but first I have to publish an article. What kind of lenses could be used with this microscope? As far I understand the focal length of it is 250, so I can't use typical 160mm, but can I use ones mareked with infinity?

BR to everyone

Infinity objectives certainly will not focus. Objectives designed for a tube length of 160 mm will probably suffer from quite a bit of spherical aberration, but will produce an image I would think. If it were the other way round you could build in a tube extension. I did a quick experiment though to see what impact tube length had on the image.

This is an image of a stage micrometer (10 µm su-divisions) taken using a 10/0.24 PZO objective designed for a 160 mm tube length (borrowed from the phase contrast set on a Wild M20). As you can see, there is no spherical aberration or significant colour fringing. There is a slight hint of birefringence, but that is probably because I did not want to disturb the DIC setup. So at this magnification at least using a 160 mm tube length objective on the MeF2 worked Okay.

MeF2 160 TL-1.jpg

Great! Thank You very much...welll PZO is made in Poland - Polskie Zakłady Optyczne ....:) I have to try those, they should have a good quality.
BR

On second photograph You have a lot of dust specs. Try to apply change that I did. I managed to buy Reichert adapter (for 20 euro :)) and i just put the lens PHOTO x5 in the 3rd light path and then adapter on it (Photographs) . After that change crystal clear image. The DIC is the prism block? if not show me what You mean by that (differential interface contrast)...

IMGP4671.JPG

IMGP4672.JPG

BR
Witek

Back