Ross Ensign Full-Vue Super

Ben Jennings

Just sharing...

A new (old) camera arrived in the post for me today. A Ross Ensign Full Vue Super. I got it for a steal at £2.20.

I wanted to get a camera I could shoot 120 on, this shoots 620 which I believe you can take 120 film and load it onto a 620 spool, so if anyone has any experience of doing this any tips would be appreciated. The camera is pretty basic, shutter release, bulb control and that's pretty much it. It's a lot smaller than I anticipated, I was thinking it would be more the size of most TLR cameras but it's diddy, as you can see compared to a chocolate bar in on of the pictures. It stands no taller than you average mug.

If I can't get film sorted for it, I'll probably just stick in on display as it's quite cool looking.

Ross1.jpgRoss2.jpgross3.jpg

Last edited:
Ben, assuming Alice has spoken to you about some day trip to Oxford Hannah mentioned to me(?) ... When that happens if you remind me ill bring my lubitel for you to borrow if you want a 120 experience?

otherwise ...

I love the full-vue... They even feel nice in the hand in a sorta way ... Cool as anything looking too!!

I love the styling on the Full-vue, you might be able to get away with simply trimming down a 120 film roll slightly but some 620 cameras can only take 620s so re-rolling is definatly an option :) its nice to see a compact TLR though and at a very cheap price! Where did you find this gem?

Hamish - Yeah Alice spoke to me about Oxford, sounds like fun, especially if you bring your lubitel along as well, should be a laugh, girls can go off shopping and we can **** around with cameras. We will have to see who the buck falls on to look after the little one tho ha ha. Although I wonder if peoples view of street photography is kinder if you are pushing a buggy along! The Ful-Vue is a lovely looking little camera, very pleasing to the eye, lets hope it performs ok.

David - It certainly is very compact, I got if off ebay during the day when everyone is at work so there was only one other bidder. Hence the very low price, very lucky/happy. Will hopefully get hold of some 120 soon and see if trimming down is an option. Hopefully so.

... The girls can take the kids! ;)

ive actually found walking around with Hannah and the pram a great time to shoot ... It does make you somehow less conspicuous!

Back