Salford Quays @ Dusk

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
5606712519_9f90dffe9a_b.jpg

5607296566_4003de8c7e_b.jpg

5606710859_ce800a37ac_b.jpg

5607295060_1b7d3f80ee_b.jpg

Salford quays is now an up market area just behind old Trafford football ground, that used to be mills & factories for boats to bring cargo & produce up to Manchester via the Manchester ship canal.

Now most of that has gone and there are mostly expensive apartments, bars, restaurants & office. It also looks kind of trendy at dusk.

I went for a mooch with a friend & called in a bar as we were to early for sunset. I ordered 2 pints of Magners cider & it cost me just short of £10..........i nearly fainted........lol

The images are well worth the the price of the drinks
my favs #1 & #3

Beautiful. I especially like the last one (and not just because that's the only one where you kept your camera level :p )

these are level........or as level as you can expect or will ever see from me...........its my trademark...........haha

Darren B cos there is two Darren s now, his camera has a built in level, I also few years back sent him a hotshoe bubble level thinking he will get them horizons straight and it still aint happened lol, the slant is his trademark I reckon lol.

Suggestion for you when viewing Darren T's landscapes kinda lean over and pop one ear on your shoulder bit like the hunchback of notre dame does they look straight then hahaha

listen here sweetcheeks (laurie) you are so gonnnnnna get a shoved of the cliff tops of gower when i get an invite............!!

Having not yet met Darren i can only assume he has one leg shorter than the other ...
do you find your self walking in circles ever Darren?

haha are they really that noticeably out ???

Cracking set of images DT - you had one nice looking sunset to work with, and a great looking location.

#3 is just fantastic - really like that bridge shot, and the blue dusk light.

As for levels etc - do you use Photoshop RAW converter at all? - it has a great level tool built-in that would fix any in-camera horizon issues

Ahhhh, just read your post again and see that you drank two pints of cider before taking the shots - explains everything! ;)

haha cheers guys.........i seem to get better sunsets when back in Manchester than i see here in rural wales or on local coastline..........doesn't seem t make sense.......

listen here sweetcheeks (laurie) you are so gonnnnnna get a shoved of the cliff tops of gower when i get an invite............!!

Dream on sugartits, your to slow to catch a cold :p - actually thought was waterfalls you wanted to see first? tress are starting to get colour now so wont be much longer should be good for around end of may I reckon

well listen here mrs P you better wear a wet suit.........cos your going in........End Of.........!!

No, they're not really that noticeably out. They honestly did look more so earlier, but when I looked again, they seemed to be fairly straight. If I'm going to be nit-picky about it, photos #1 and #2 seem to be angled a bit to the right, but not by enough to be noticeable to most people. And it could just be my imagination...

I'm at a loss here Darren , nice compositions and nice timing with the sunsets, but again you have let yourself down just by not taking the time to straighten them up. It looks like you spent more time sharpening them then straightening them. All but one have visable halos around the edges.

sharpen less straighten more!

Back