Scarborough Bluffs, Toronto

Gord Tomlin

I was blessed with some very nice light one afternoon a few weeks ago. My initial thought was to clone out all the people and furniture to make this shot more rural, and I posted this preliminary version on another site with comments to that effect. I received a few comments suggesting that the people were a plus, because they added to the story in the shot. Any opinions here?

20240204-164125-0626-_DSF2004-2.jpg

Normally I'd tend toward 'no people' but IMO the rather manicured look of the location strongly suggests a human presence so I see nothing to be gained from removing them. If there was a crowd, maybe ...

That was probably the quietest moment. There were people all over the place, and I was cursing under my breath.

I went to Google maps and I can't figure out where you were to get this shot. Cool shot btw...

I've seen this photo before in an another forum, and has amazed me from the beginning with its painterly character, tone on tone, light, framing, texture. Congratulations! For me too, the presence of people is not a flaw, but a plus.

Back