Critique Welcomed Some people

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

claim that a 50mm gives a dull perspective. I think it tells more about the person behind such an exclamation
than the lens. And my new little one in that respect is highly appreciated by myself. Now this here was not dull I tell you, and as it appears on my monitor done in jpeg in colour RGB 1989 as well as in the camera Fuji xt1, here at an aperture of 5,6 ISO 800 shutter not set on beforehand but 1/60 sec it appears as it was done right outside here. I am amazed by Fuji's colours in Jpeg, its light measures and I almost never use raw with these Fuji cameras anymore. I know monitors have a lot to say in matters like this and I hope that it also appears natural to you. Never mind the Norseman :eek: They say though that the xpro1 differs a bit from the xt1 and xt10, now that remains to be seen. Pre Christmas present shall tell me soon. Cheers:D
Did I forget the picture?
Well here it is.
walking in snowy weather.jpg

That is a great image. The colours work so well, the warmth of the skin tones against the coldness of the background really make it.

Thank you Dave, I do appreciate that. It tells me that I am on the right track also, in regard to colours, tools and taste.
I must say I cherish these Fuji cameras and I am looking forward to the xpro1 as its colours are very different from the new 2's. And I do not have to poke my nose into the screen on the back:D with that one.

Excellent shot, Ivar. I remember when the XPro1 came out. There was a regular member here who had one, and I was very envious of it, but the expense was too much for me. But these days they are very inexpensive...but the lenses are even more expensive than they used to be. I think Fuji does colour jpgs better than anyone else.

Thank you Rob. the xpro1 is hard to come by now Rob, but I have found one brand new for 400 £ sterling incl. freight, to me in London so I'll receive it when I arrive there on the 29th this month. I shall have only Fujis then, when it comes to digital and the colours out of the cameras in jpeg are excellent. I never buy cameras old when it comes to digital, but I can wait till it suits me. Now it does and after the last updates, it is as good as the new one of today. Lenses are to come by second hand at fairly good prices. But old canon fd lenses, om lenses, nikon lenses, you name it, can be used on them by means of the right adapter as you know. And it is so easy to focus by means of either enlargement in the viewfinder or focus peaking.. I really like them!

Yes Ivar, Fuij colours are great SOOC, and this shot is really good and shows it. I myself use Jpegs SOOC with my XE-1 but in b/w, I love colour images as long as someone else is doing them, I've been doing b/w so long now that's all I can see when I shoot. I shoot all manual focus lenses with the xe-1 and one of the best lenses I have is the Minolta 35-70 f/3,5 Macro, sharp from wide open all the way through to 70 @f/3.5, on ebay they call it Minolta's Legendary Lens and I totally agree the colours and contrast are really good, you can or could pick one up for less than £100 I paid £70 for mine.

Thanks for reply Mick. I once had an xe1, sold it, regretted it and now I shall have a xpro1 new as mentioned, which has exactly the same colours as xe1. And those colours are what I remember most. Besides as you, I tend to photograph with primes as I have 18 and 35 both f2 from Fuji, a Pentax 50mm/f2,0 manual and an Olympus OM 85mm/f2.0 and those are the ones I mostly use. Two autofocus and two manual. I shall look for, as you mentioned the Minolta 35-70 f/3,5 Macro when I go to London at the end of the month as well as I have seen a Canon 24mm/f2,8 FN in mint condition, which in FF shall turn into a 36mm. I just hope they still have it when I arrive. I find the Fujis so easy to focus manually with. Again, thank you for the tip about the lens. Much obliged. Cheers.

Back