Spyder3 elite problem

Darren Bradnock

Ok, so i bought a spyder3 elite so i could calibrate my laptop and LCD monitor/tv. Problem is if i use the "recommended" settings i end up with a green tint. If i set the white point to native it's better but not right, it now has a bit of a bronze or sepia tint. I really noticed it today when i looked at some black and white photo's on my face book page on someone's Macbook pro, on the macbook they looked black and white the way they should.

Am i doing something wrong?

Darren

Darren - couple of suggestions

You need to let the screens warm up for a few hours before you do the calibration.

You're best to do it in a darkened room to avoid ambient light effecting the Spyder - I wait till dark to do mine

I also use the Spyder and agree leave the screen warm up I do mine early morning but room is quite dark, only thing I find with laptops and the Spyder, is laptops can get moved about so the ambient light is going to alter wherever its moved too. also the screen can be tilted so again I found it affects the calibration, on a static monitor that does not get moved about I find it gives excellent results

Back